Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Damn

I am writing this on an elliptical machine. No, really, I am. I'm working out, sweating, as my fingers type his. How's that for multitasking?

See that picture? Totally proves I'm working out. It's even shaky because ii am aworking so hard.

I know, I know, you're all thinking "why is she blogging while she's working out?" I would love to say it's because this is the only time in my busy schedule, but really, it's because I am so fucking bored.

See that TV? The one in the blurry, proving I'm working out picture? It's on the History channel. It's ALWAYS on the History channel. And I have no idea how to change it. I have looked all over this gym trying to find the damn remote, and it's nowhere. I would change it manually (I know, how quaint) but it's six feet off the floor. I am five foot. There are no step stools. I am not risking my life, standing on a yoga ball for TV.

I mean, at least not today. Maybe tomorrow. As I said, exercise is really boring.

10 comments:

Kim said...

How did you ever miss your calling as a motivational speaker?

Kelly said...

Or following up on Kim's comment...as a personal trainer?

Jen said...

Maybe you could use one of the weight benches. Get one of those guys that grunt and flex to move it over so you can change the channel. You make him feel all studly and you get a new channel. 2 birds. ;)

Unknown said...

I don't know if I should be impressed or concerned. Be careful, Littlin'. Awww. That will be your nickname from me. Littlin'.

LL Cool Joe said...

Oh stop showing off!

So what do you do when you've finished working out? Eat 3 cupcakes? Or is that just me?

Stephanie in Suburbia said...

I can think of worse things to do on an elliptical. I have to keep it simple, though. I have very little grace, so the people I see holding their Starbucks and running? Freak...me...out!

If I saw you trying to text and take pics on the elliptical, I would be all anxious on your behalf.

Riot Kitty said...

You are the queen of multitaskers! Hey thanks again for the walk donation, I've raised $480 and counting...

Granny Annie said...

Honestly I have a platform built on my exercise bike that holds my laptop and I can watch movies or play solitaire or send email while I ride. The time flies:)

Little Girl::Big Glasses said...

I'm pretty sure standing on a ball to change the channel is a basic pilates core workout. Which is why I don't do pilates.

Rassles said...

I love this about you, but then again I love the History Channel. It appears we are at an impasse.

(also? word verifier = watizat)