I have written before about my feelings on blog awards. However, I just had to take this one from Jen at "My Tornado Alley." First of all, she says I am "sunshiney." Now, I have been called many things in my life, but sunshiney just ain't one of them. Second, she told me she had given me an award by advising me to go over to her blog and get it "before it rots." How could I have said no to that? Oh, yeah, and I don't really have much to say today, so phoning in a post sounds just about right.
I think we all know how this shit works. I now pass this on to five other bloggers who bring a little sunshine into my day -- or at least don't make me want to jump off a bridge.
1. Married Geeks. I loved this blog when Greg and Suzanne were living in Reno. Now they have moved to China, and really kicked it up a notch. If nothing else, read it to follow Greg as he tries to find something to eat that doesn't have weird meat, vegetables, or hot sauces; and Suzanne as she looks for wine that doesn't scare her.
2. The Circus Has Come to Town. Summer's kids are adorable, and they just may be plotting her death. Now, that's comedy.
3. We're at Dad's That Week. So many reasons to love this blog. The mud. The kids left standing on the porch. The ex in the underwear. What really made me fall in love though? This post. And yes, I know she's gotten this award before. Really though, if you had one pint of ice cream anad someone gave you another would you refuse it? I thought not.
4. Blogging is for Dorks. I think of Erin as the glue that keeps my blogosphere together. She is the reason I have found every blog I like, and she always provides good blog fodder herself. Also, boobie owl. Enough said.
5. Mean Girl Garage. She reminds us that children aren't the future, and I couldn't like her more for it. Also, she's raising money for her friend with lymphoma. Every bitch has her soft side...
Okay, sunshine squad, now it's time for your part:
1. Put the logo on your blog or within your post
2. Pass the award on to five bloggers
3. Link the nominees within your post
4. Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blog
5. Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.
Now I'm off to spread more sunshine in the world. Or have another glass of wine. Same diff.