Thursday, November 19, 2009

We Should Have Named Her Tony Danza

I didn't realize there was a power vacuum in our home until Olive arrived. She has come into the house like a hurricane, eating what she wants, sleeping where she wants, and letting Sally, Alice, and us, know she is in charge. She is especially hard on Sally, I think because she loves her the most. What Sally eats, Olive wants to eat. Where Sally sleeps, Olive sleeps on top of her in that spot. And when Sally isn't paying attention to Olive? There is hell to pay.



That had been going on for about 20 minutes when I finally pulled my camera out. Really, we are lucky Sally still has a tail. I think if Ryan hadn't been eating tacos and feeding her bits she would have packed her stuff and hit the road. Luckily Sally is used to use laughing at her. Oh, and she has had no problem stealing every catnip filled stuffed animal we have brought home for Olive. Maybe they have worked out some sort of bizarre agreement.

Or maybe bedlam is about to begin...

5 comments:

justmakingourway said...

I'm thinking a little bit of both - some times when Sally will allow it without much fuss, followed by total bedlam!

Kelly said...

I think Sally probably loves it. Our Olive acts like she hates Winston (our dog) but I think they are just acting out like brothers and sisters are prone to do.

Amanda said...

Poor Sally. First Meg, now this? Is there such thing as dog therapy?

said...

shwewwww....I just got caught up on your blog. This title made me think of the Friends episode when Phoebe thought the Elton John song was 'Hold me closer, Tony Daaaanza....

Aunt Juicebox said...

So cute! We saw some pugs this weekend that a pug rescue group was trying to adopt out, and they were so fugly they were cute. I kind of wanted one, but two cats are too much as it is.