Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ugh

I am writing this from a cubicle in the airport. I am right across from a "Cinnabon" and an "American Bandstand Cafe." The smells from the two are mingling in a sickening way, so I'll write fast. I am on my way to L.A. after 48 of the roughest hours of my life.

On Tuesday night Ryan and I became aware of a baby up for adoption. We called a lawyer, met the mother, and got things going. And then it all fell apart. I never even saw the baby and yet I am grieving for her like she was my own. I know that's irrational, and I know that she wasn't, but I can't stop from feeling that way. I went from feeling elation and excitement to feeling fear and anxiety to feeling despair and rage. And now that it's over I just feel empty.

So, I am going to L.A. to see Tara and have her fill me with sarcasm and wine. I won't be posting until at least Monday, but check out the link below and FIGHT THE PALIN POWER! Yeah, even when I'm depressed I still have time to rail against that woman.

womenagainstsarahpalin.blogspot.com

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss - have a good weekend, hopefully it will give you the chance to relax and rest up. Holler for railing against Palin!

Emily-Ione said...

I'm sorry Lib.
Have Tara give you a hug you for me.

Ellen said...

Oh Libby. I'm so sorry. I can only imagine how hard that must be. I'm sure Tara will help you get through this.

And I just have to mention that, as I look below at the "word verification" code that I'm supposed to enter to post this comment... it says pfoood.

Coincidence? I think not!