Thursday, August 14, 2008

Take A Shot

As part of my fertility treatments in the next 24 to 48 hours I am going to have to have a giant (think two and an half inches) needle stabbed into my ass. This job will likely fall to Ryan, since he married me, and will mostly likely be the man to impregnate me. However, this evening I was talking to my friend Meghan, who's partner, Andrew, is a doctor, and I happened to mention that if Ryan couldn't bring himself to stab me in the ass with a giant needle, we might need some help. Then, from over my shoulder came Ryan's voice -- "Andrew will have to get in line. Do you know many people would like to stab you in the ass? We could raffle off the opportunity and buy an island."

I was instantly offended and called my sisters and Tara for comfort. They all said they would take part. Tara even said it would be worth $40 bucks a ticket.

Now I don't know whether to be offended, or take them up on it. The nurse has already drawn a target -- so it couldn't be too bad. Could it?

That's my lower back, not some weirdly inverted ass crack.

1 comments:

Amanda said...

I see Tara's $40 and raise it at least $20 - to be able to poke you with something sharp & pointy and not have Mom mad at me, is a dream I have lived with for 34 years now.