In the past ten minutes I have heard the following:
- "Meg called me stupid."
- "Luke is stupid."
- "Meg, I'm going to put you in a black hole."
- Meg screaming.
- "Get out! Get out! Get out!"
- "Don't hit me with 'Tangled,' Meg."
- Luke screaming.
- "Don't touch that! Don't touch that!"
- "Get your feet off my back!"
- Both of them screaming.
- "She can't be Johnny Cash! I'm Johnny Cash!" (They saw "Million Dollar Quartet.")
- "I'm Johnny Cash!"
- "Give it back! Give it back Give it back!"
- "Am I a pancake?" (Yeah, I'm really not sure where that came from.)
I have gone in there twice when I have been pretty sure bloodshed was imminent, but I am really trying to make them work it out on their own. Well, that, and I am trying to write this very important post.
There was one moment of peace, but it involved Luke playing his guitar while Meg played her accordion. I guess it was nice that for a short time neither one of them was in danger, but it still burned my ears and sent the dog running for cover. It was only for a few seconds though, until Meg decided she wanted to be in the guitar case and the brawl began again.
Hell, I might as well give up. I am never going to get this very important blog post done with all this racket.
I guess you'll never know what I think of this fabulous invention:
Oh, wait! Maybe if they make them in kids sizes as well as babies all my problems will be solved.
I mean, as long as I don't hang Luke and Meg within kicking distance...