Thursday, March 19, 2009

Walkin' the Beach

I really love the ocean. There is something about it that just fills my soul with song, and makes me want to use really corny phrases to describe my emotions. During our visit to Florida we went to Sarasota where I got to glimpse the Gulf of Mexico for the first time. It was truly a sight to behold. Even better though were the people who packed the sugar sand beach lining it...
Most of the people brought ridiculous set-ups, that showed they had no intention of going in the water.

Some were just there for a nap.

This is me and Ryan in 50 years.

Even hippie freaks retire to Florida.

This is called skin cancer waiting to happen. There were many. many crispy fried people on the beach.

And then some people were wearing all the covering they could to avoid getting burned.

When a kid is wearing a bigger bathing suit, it might be time to rethink your attire.

I am pretty sure this was some sort of cult suicide, but I didn't get close enough to confirm my suspicions.

This guy was the best. He ran up and down the beach, weaving in and out of the people,
looking like he was about to collapse at any moment, carrying an orange.


Really, this was almost more entertaining than Gatorland. If the running orange guy had let me sit on his back that would made the day perfect...

1 comments:

Sandi said...

Those pictures are classic. I love to people watch in the sand.