Friday, January 23, 2009

Guest Post Friday: The Pen is Mightier Than the Sword

Today we start a new feature here on LibbyLogic that may or may not catch on: Guest Post Friday. Our first guest poster is Candice Madsen, whom I work with in the world of television. Candice recently discovered one of my darkest secrets -- I steal pens. Really, I do. If you are missing a pen right now I probably have it. I'll let Candice explain how she discovered this little known fact about me...

I need to disclose a little known fact about our dear friend Libby Mitchell. She steals pens. Yes, you heard me correctly. Yesterday alone, there were had two separate incidents. Luckily, I stumbled across her antics by accident and brought her office supplies pilfering to an end.

It all started when I arrived a little bit late to our morning meeting (OK, since I'm outing Libby I should confess I'm always late.) Anyway, I couldn't find a pen, so I asked Libby for one. She hesitated and then produced a rather nice looking pen from her purse. I grabbed the pen and slipped into the meeting. As I began doodling away, I noticed the pen is labeled "Bell Havens." I couldn't believe the coincidence -- four years ago I stayed at a Bell Havens Time Share in Cabo. I ran to tell Libby.

"Libby I didn't know you went to Bell Havens."
"What are you talking about?" (Just picture the classy Libby look and tone.)
"The pen, you got it from the Time Share."
"I've never heard of Bell Havens."

Then it hits us both. Libby stole my pen!

Getting caught apparently prompted Libby to come clean. After the meeting, she admitted she had stolen a pen from the news director, and gave it back. Stealing from the boss, now that takes guts.

"Thanks Libby. I was looking for that," he replied thinking she has merely found his pen. He then explained how the pen fit in this nifty little holder he got from marketing. "Do you want me to get you one?"

See Libby, all you had to do was ask. I left a box of Bics on your desk. I hope it gets you through the winter!

Um, there were no Bics on my desk. So, I may steal pens, but Candice is a liar. If you would like to guest post here on LibbyLogic, just leave a note in the comments. I'll get back to you...

0 comments: