Friday, February 1, 2008

Back to the Blog

My computer FINALLY came back today. I cannot tell you the relief I feel have my purring electric sidekick home again. Yes, only half of our iTunes library could be saved, and any pictures taken in the past six months are gone with the wind, but it doesn't matter, because my baby is back.

There is a classic Cinderella song that goes "you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone." I never realized hair metal had a message until my computer died. It was like my hands had been cut off or, worse, like I had lost my voice. Making things even more terrible? Suddenly, I could think of thousands of things I needed to do on my computer.
All at once there were bills to pay, long lost cousins to find, and thousands of things to blog about. And now that my computer is back? I CAN'T THINK OF ANY OF IT. One night I actually thought not only of a solution to world poverty, but also a way to wear stretch pants and a sweater and NOT look like you're hiding a big ass. But it's all gone now. And don't tell me that I could have just written it all down with a pen on paper. How obscene. Why don't you just suggest I scrawl with toothpaste on my bathroom mirror?

While I was offline I did try to cling to anything digital, so I took a few pictures. Not as brilliant as my words, but really, what is?


0 comments: