Saturday, December 22, 2007

I think it's funny

My Mother and Luke have started a game in which he says the word "poop" and then she tells him how much trouble he is in for saying it. I know, it's lame, but he's only four and, my Mother would play Russian Roulette with Luke if she thought it would make him laugh. Today, though, I interjected myself into the game.

Luke, his Mom, and I were all sitting in the back seat, with my Mom and Dad in the front. Luke was saying poop at the top of his lungs, and my mother was acting shocked and telling him how he was in trouble. They went on like this for some time until Luke's response to my Mother's scolding wasn't giggling, but the words "I am not in trouble, dammit!" Then I was the one in trouble.

The only problem is, my parents laughed first, which made the word "dammit" burn itself into Luke's brain and come out of his mouth several times in rapid succession. My Mother then tried to explain that while we were laughing, no one would think it was funny if he said "dammit" at his Catholic nursery school. I have to agree, that would not be good.

However, I am teaching him to say, "Happy New Year, now go to hell" for his first day back.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm surprised he hasn't learned that from Mandy yet!!!