Sunday, January 9, 2011

Eighteen Months

Meg is now a kid with attitude.


This was Meg on Christmas morning waiting, not so patiently, for her Aunt to open her new doll. We are seeing this face more and more often, be it because we have presented her with food she does not approve of, have taken away an item that she should not have in her little hands, told her it is time to leave/go to bed/get up/take a bath, or have used the dreaded word "no." Really, we're never sure when we will see the face, since what pleased her just a moment ago could all of a sudden be seen as a major inconvenience.

While Meg doesn't like hearing the word "no," she sure loves saying it. Not in a babbling baby way either. When she says "no," she means it. Sometimes she will say it in a playful way, say when we ask her not to throw food on the floor, but she still is resolute in her meaning.

Oh, and then there is the flopping. When all else fails Meg has determined that the best way to get what she wants is to throw herself to the ground and yell. It truly is a sight to see. If it weren't adorable we would probably be annoyed.

I don't want to give the impression Meg is a pill all the time. While she can be willful, she is also a lovely little person who loves to give kisses, and hugs, and "pat pats." She doesn't mind running errands, or trying new things, or meeting new people. She is good at sharing, and does so without being asked. She has a multifaceted personality, and we love watching it develop every day -- even the kind of bratty parts.

Oh, how we love our girl.

11 comments:

Riot Kitty said...

Meg is a kid after my own heart!

Jen said...

Oooh, that's a pretty fierce brow furrow. E's is just about the same. She makes the face and says, "I'm making my mad face!"

Kelly said...

I love the scowl.

While looking at this, Mea asked, "Is that baby my cousin or something?"

Three Cats and a Baby said...

Look at that face!!! I love it.

Amanda said...

She really is a joy to behold.

Missed Periods said...

That face is irresistible. I am on her side: her aunt was taking too long.

BugginWord said...

I make that same face after eating too much Indian food.

LL Cool Joe said...

Ha ha, now that's a face you are going to see a hell of a lot of the years!

Mrs. Sarcasm said...

I love her spunk!!! And I can say that because I do not live with her! Although, I think she may get it honestly. Just sayin...spunk is good! Seriously she is gorgeous!!

The Absence of Alternatives said...

What a cute face! :-)

She is behaving exactly the way she should. :-)

Jen Has A Pen said...

Well stop asking her to do inconvenient things, Libby!!! Problem solved. :-)

I just love her. She's adorable to look at and I think her stories are even cuter. Thanks for sharing!