I am not the meme/blog award type. It's not that I don't appreciate the concept, it just kind of reminds me of the fifth place ribbons that I used to get in swimming. You know, the ones they gave to everyone, no matter what place they came in after fourth. I have a lot of them. However, today I am actually going to say "thank you" and take my award, for two reasons: one, the blogger giving it to me, Dual Mom, is one of my new favorite reads, and two, I need a post topic.
So, here is the dealio, Emilio. I am supposed to write about ten things that make me happy, and then pass the award on to 10 bloggers. Easy enough. Here goes...
1. Sarah Palin I bet you thought I was going to say my daughter for #1. Well, I like to keep you on your toes. When you think I am going to zig, I zag. I am that kind of rogue. Why does Sarah Palin make me happy? First of all, because I think she ensures the Republican party will have a hard time regaining credibility. Also, because her sheer ineptitude not just as a politician, or a media figure, but as a person, makes me feel better about myself.
2. Fun Pants You may know them as "sweat pants" or "pajama bottoms," but in my world they will always be known as fun pants. After all, if I am in a situation that these pants are appropriate, I am most likely not working, probably have a drink by my side, and definitely don't have shoes on. If that isn't fun, I don't know what is.
3. The Internet Really, what would we all do without the web? We would have to actually remember things, or make multiple phone calls to find things we want. Oh, and we would have to keep porn in our homes, where people can see it, and know just how sick we all are. Just kidding on that last one (hi, Mom!). Right now, the web is doing something even more amazing, by letting people instantly send money to those in need in Haiti. You don't even need to Google it, just click on the link in my sidebar. I can't think of a better use of the net right now -- I mean, other than reading this blog.
5. Sarcasm No, really, it makes me happy.
6. Pasta There is nothing I would rather eat. It doesn't even have to be fancy. Just a bowl of noodles with butter and Parmesan cheese is enough to curl my toes with delight. Oh, the pasta just can't be whole wheat. Really, I don't know who thought that shit up, but it's just cruel.
7. Throwing Parties Well, that might not be accurate. I love planning parties. I love setting up parties. I love planning menus, and picking invitations, and designing themes. I love making guest lists, and making sure that there is "something special" at each bash that sets them apart. However, I am not great at attending said parties. I am lousy at mingling, and usually am just concerned about how dirty the floor is getting. Yeah, I've got issues.
8. Ryan This man loves me unconditionally, which, if you know me at all, is quite a feat. He is also funny, intelligent, kind, well read, and the best Daddy in the world. He makes me happier than wearing fun pants while eating pasta and drinking wine.
9. Good T.V. Really, there is so much crap on the tube, that when something good comes on, it's a miracle. 30 Rock. Modern Family. Glee. All of those shows are intelligent, and witty, and make me happy. Oh, and all can be watched on Hulu while giving a baby a bottle, which makes them even better.
10. Meg Saving the best for last. Oh, how I love my girl. Every day brings something new that makes me smile, and laugh with delight. Even when she is screaming, or grabbing my hair, or refusing to sleep, she makes my day. Really, how anyone be unhappy looking at this face?
Did I mention she is part Haitian? Yeah, she is, so click the link on the sidebar and donate to help those in the country devastated by the earthquake. Really, don't make me ask a third time, because that requires me coming to your house.
Okay, so that's it. Ten things that make me happy. Now, I know I am supposed to tag 10 bloggers, and ask them to write similar lists, but, in the spirit of this award, I am giving it to all of you. Because, really, all of you are winners in my book. Oh, except Kim. She can suck it.