Sunday, October 25, 2009

What is Your Baby Wearing?

Buying clothes for a baby is not an easy proposition. On one hand, there are clothes everywhere, in every store, all crying out "cute." On the other hand, most of those clothes are either poorly made, feature evil cartoon icons of corporations, or are so "cute" that they make any rational adult want to puke. Oh, and on the third hand the well made, cute, but not too cute, comfortable baby clothes cost more than anyone should pay for an outfit that will be worn maybe twice and vomited on repeatedly -- I mean, unless you're Lindsey Lohan.

I feel like we have really lucked out when it comes to Meg's clothes. We have many, many people who have given us wonderful hand me downs, and we have discovered that, for the most part, clothes by Carter's are economical, well made, and just cutesy enough to be darling without making me need insulin. However, I am starting to notice some nefarious undertones in their garments. Take this one for example:


At first glance it looks like a basic nightgown featuring good animal friends and the words "I love hugs." Really, who doesn't? Well, I don't really, but that's another post. Let's go back to the nightie, and look a little closer...

How many people, or animals do you know that give hugs right under the jawbone, covering the trachea? Unless you know a lot of serial killers, I am betting none. That elephant is not hugging that giraffe, he is trying to kill it. "I love hugs?" More like "I love inter species hate crimes." Oh, and that's not all. I give you, the jacket:

Try to ignore the adorable baby and focus on the ears on the hood. You cannot buy a Carter's jacket without them. It's almost like the CEO of the company has seen "The Island of Doctor Moreau" one too many times and declared all babies must look like genetic experiments. Luckily they look like cute genetic experiments.

I makes me wonder if I should listen to Barney CDs backwards to listen for satanic messages. Wait, you can hear those forwards, can't you?

8 comments:

justmakingourway said...

It's kind of hard to ignore the adorable baby in that shot...

Barney is definitely satanic either forwards or backwards.

That elephant hug is kind of freaky. Maybe the giraffe just has a bondage fetish we don't know about. I probably shouldn't have said that.

Kelly said...

Barney makes my brain bleed. I like Meg's ears...

Anonymous said...

Sorry, you said something about ears, but all I saw was an adorable baby.

And I totally thought that outfit was cute until you mentioned the strangling part....

Unknown said...

Meg is too cute! Seriously. That is adorable.

And yes, I've seen the elephant putting the giraffe in a sleeper hold before. WEIRD.

Samantha said...

Okay, laughing really hard about the trachea hug. Those are my favorite. :)

She Said said...

Yeah, like the others, you said something about ears on the hood, but I couldn't get past that amazing shot of Meg. How precious is she!? Wow! Beautiful.

I promise if I ever have the opportunity to drink box wine with you, I won't give you a trachea hug.

Unless you piss me off. ;-)

Chief said...

Oh hell, that is the cutest thing I have seen all day!

MomZombie said...

What a sweet picture of your girl in a fuzzy bear ears coat.