Sunday, December 21, 2008

Gift Ideas

I had fully intended to do a full fledged gift guide this year. Really, I did. I was going to give gift ideas for politicos, for environmentalists, for fashionistas, and for douche bags that you have to have to buy presents for. It probably would have helped you immensely. Unfortunately, I didn't it get it done. I could give you a lot of excuses, stories about how I had to walk seven miles through the snow for a gallon of milk, or how I was knitting scarves out of llama hair for dogs at the pound, but, the truth is, I just kept putting it off until it was too late.

I don't want to leave you totally clueless when it comes to last minute gifts though, so here are three gift ideas that I stumbled upon while out and about today.

Two great gifts idea -- RIGHT NEXT TO EACH OTHER!! I could not believe it. I was actually really, really, disappointed that I had already finished my shopping, and so no one on my list will be getting either of these excellent tomes. I am sure they are both filled not only with inspirational stories, and humorous anecdotes, but also the kind of inventive literary structures that exisist only in the classics. I think that 50 years from now kids will be required to read Shakespeare, Lee, Salinger, and Norris.

This is really more of a stocking stuffer than a full fledged gift, but I think it's prefect for anyone who appreciates spiced meat products -- and that is pretty much everyone. After all, some times an entire can of Spam is just too much in one sitting. Some times you just need a slice. And at just a dollar 19 each, you can get one for everyone on your list.

I hope this has helped. It may be just one day of gift ideas, but I think they are the gifts that will keep on giving. I mean, especially if Spam effects you the way it does me...

1 comments:

Emily-Ione said...

Being from Austin, Mn - AKA Spamtown, USA ( no, I'm not kidding, Google or Wiki it) - we have SPAM at Christmas in my family - no I'm not kidding.....