Friday, February 22, 2008

A Sign of the Apocalypse

Ryan and I were sitting on the couch last night watching our television that in recent weeks has developed weird wavy lines in the screen.

Ryan: I think we should get a new TV.
Me: What?
Ryan: You know, use the economic stimulus money to buy a new TV.
Me: You don't want to use that to save endangered tree sloths? Or buy esoteric books on philosophy?
Ryan: Well, look at the TV.

I really didn't know how to react after that, so I just sat quietly and prayed that when the four horsemen pulled up outside of our house Sally won't bark too loudly and wake the neighbors.


2 comments:

Amanda said...

One of us! One of us! Gooble Gobble Gooble Gobble!

Unknown said...

Your husband and my husband apparently are polar opposites.
Our first mutual tax refund went to a big screen..... I had no say in the matter - I wanted a new bathroom sink and a plumber to install it.... I still don't have that. But we have every game system known to man....