Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The reason I am not an accountant

Last week after we had Maggie put to sleep I transferred money from our savings account to our checking in order to cover the bill. I will admit, I should have transferred the money beforehand, or on the day of, but I was a bit distracted and so didn't do it until Friday. Then I went about my happy little life, assuming everything was okay.

It wasn't.

The money wasn't actually transferred until today due to the weekend and the Veteran's Day holiday that only banks took off. However, in the meantime debits on my account had very easily gone through, despite said said weekend and holiday, and the bank was only too happy to charge an overdraft on each one. The grand total? $160.

If you'll excuse me I'm going to go put my head in the freezer.

3 comments:

DC Diva said...

Call them and argue asking for a "courtesy dismissal" of the overdraft charges. Tell them you've been an excellent customer with a perfect record and this has never happened before (and even throw in the explanation why...) It may work!

Anonymous said...

What if all your friends threw in $2.00 each? Okay, what if all eight people reading this blog threw in $20? Okay, what if both of your sisters threw in $80--okay, ask you dad...

Amy Jane said...

I second wendy... i've worked at these evil banks, and the manager has the discretion to waive all of the fees if she so chooses....

so take the risk, walk into the branch where you opened the account and ask to speak to the manager (you may be surprised!)

p.s. i'm very sad to hear the news... hang in there