Monday, October 29, 2007

This is really Tara's story: part II

My friend Tara has a boyfriend named Kent. Kent has an eleven year old son named Sam. For some bizarre reason Sam adores Tara, which is strange because I thought children were supposed to be able to detect evil. He loves hanging around with her, and has adopted some of her views as his own -- and not just her views on Pokemon cards and eating cookies for dinner.

So, Sam was with his Mom in the car the other day when he said to her "Mom, Tara thinks virgins are weird, and so do I." Well, after his Mother's head stopped spinning she asked to repeat himself. Once again he said "Tara thinks virgins are weird, and so do I." Trying to buy herself some time, and think of ways to hurt Tara, I'm sure, Sam's mother asked him to explain why Tara had something against virgins, and why she was so virulent about it she was discussing it with a sixth grader. He responded incredulously, "Well, you know, no dairy, no cheese, no wool, no honey. What do they eat?"

Yes, he was talking about vegans. But Tara isn't fond of virgins either.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Can I convert to the church of Tara too?

Amy Jane said...

I'm rolling on the floor laughing with my roommate over that one... kids really do say the darnedest things!